MLC 2020 NOVEMBER NEWSLETTER
Toddler Classroom: Ms. Brie
Hello parents of MLC, I would like to welcome you and your children to the Toddler Room.
Rules/Expectations: In my classroom I do encourage self help skills throughout each school day! Every child will learn the following:
- Self feeding (Using forks & spoons, throwing away their trash in the garbage bin, putting up their cups with straws when all done, and pushing in their chair when finished).
- Independent dressing (I encourage them to put on their hats, shirts, pants, shoes, boots, gloves and jackets on & off).
- Getting their belongings in and out of their cubbies (Blanket, clothes, extra diapers).
- Helping with daily classroom chores (cleaning tables, folding laundry, picking up toys when needed).
- Friendship (Sharing, taking turns, having nice hands with the other children).
Reminders: Please dress your children appropriately as the weather is changing and becoming colder! I do encourage all of you to bring in extra weather-appropriate clothing for your children whether it be shirts, pants, or jackets! Sidenote: If you can, please bring in family photos as I tape them on the walls of my classroom. The children love seeing themselves, family members, as well as pets in photos and so do I!
Ages: 16 months to 30 months
Lead Teacher: Ms. Brie
-Good Morning Song
-Sing the Alphabet
-Flashcards ( numbers, colors, shapes)
-Parts of the body
-Learning their number recognition
-Getting their belongings in and our of cubbies
-Helping with chores (folding laundry, cleaning tables, picking up toys, sweeping)
Fine Motor Skills:
- Paste things onto paper
- using stickers
- manipulating crayons/markers
-Building towers and knocking them down
Gross Motor Skills
-Catch a large ball
-Bounce House Jumping